Sunday, August 16, 2015

La Sagesse

We got a car! Technically I already told y'all about our car, but I thought I'd let you know that Phil didn't steal our money and we now have the car in our possession. Its pretty great. Driving on the Island is so fun, its like a rush of adrenaline. If you didn't already know, in Grenada they drive on the left side of the road and the driver is on the right side of the car. So any ways we got a super bad A, 1994 (we think) Toyota Carolla. It takes a few tries to get the key into the hole, the doors only lock if you shut them a super tricky way, the windows screech when you role them down, and the car beeps inside when you put it in reverse. And this is a nice car in Grenada. We were told not to put a heavy load in the car but we've loaded it with 3 or 4 grown men plus me like at least 5 times now. Its super fun when it bottoms out when we drive over pot holes..usually you can feel the bumps on the road hit your feet. haha

Yesterday we loaded our car up with Austin's new boyfriends, Eli and Brock, and went to La Sagesse, which may be my favorite beach yet. Our friends, Jenny and Talmage, road their scooter behind us, so don't worry, I didn't have to hang out with a bunch of boys all day. La Sagesse is not as clear and turquoise as the other beaches and there are waves, but I didn't mind because it reminded me of the beaches back home. Actually, the waves were the best part! We body surfed for about four hours, I only got eaten by a few waves and Austin only almost threw up due to super salty water and motion sickness like twice. So overall, pretty successful. Also, that night I road home from a church activity on the back of Jenny's scooter and at the time I was totally prepared to trade in our car for a scooter of our own. Such a thrill.

PS EVERYBODY COME VISIT US!

Our car, Babe or Fran, we haven't agreed on the name yet.

The only picture of the group and this random dog. There are dogs everywhere...even in restaurants 





No comments:

Post a Comment