Friday, September 11, 2015

Shenanigans

After like three weeks straight of pool, beach, Netflix repeat I decided it was time for an adventure of some sort. There are so many great adventure sites in Grenada but considering my brakes have either been going out or locking up my car's engine at least once a day for the past week I thought it best to stay close to home. And by 'close to home' I really mean close to Phil, the mechanic*, so he could come rescue me if needed. So, some of the wives and I headed to the conch shell graveyard and the tide pools.
*In Grenada mechanic really means expert Jimmyrigger

The Conch Shell Graveyard is a beach where fishermen catch conch and I guess they take the meat out and sell it- it's called lambie- and then they just throw the shells on the beach. I was picturing a beach that, instead of sand, had like tons and tons of shells but apparently that's not the case...But don't worry the jignormous lobsters that the fishermen showed us made up for the lack of shells. I actually don't even know if they're lobsters but that's what they looked like so deal.

The tide pools were pretty cool...if you're into that sort of thing. They are actually only kind of cool and mostly lame. Only because I have been to the California tide pools with the expert sea creature catcher, shout-out to my Johnny, and there's like all kinds of cool stuff that you can touch. These tide pools however, pretty much only have black sea urchins that will kill you if you touch them.

Today I had a beach day planned with Kylie. However, shockingly, my brakes locked up again (Curse you Phil) so we were forced to travel on foot, and since I'm high maintenance, that turned into us hopping on a couple reggae buses. Explanation: reggae buses are just creepy, ghetto vans that taxi around the island all day. They play loud reggae music and honk at every single person on the street and stop to try and convince them to ride their bus.. so annoying. Anyways, since I am missing an entire bone in my foot and I suffer from lactic acid problems (Megan, Steph) you better believe I was climbing in that van as soon as I heard "Aye baby, need a ride?" Don't you worry-Mom, Dad, Stevie- I wasn't alone, Kylie was with me and ready to throw down if needed.

Conch shell graveyard...take your pick.




Tide pools


Mah gurls: Laura, Alex, Kylie, Tori, Laina, Jenny, Me, Holly

Tyra, one of the young women at church, did my hair!






2 comments:

  1. Grandpa and Grandma Russell and Grandpa Lybbert, Mom, Dad, Max and I just read your whole blog and we all love it!! Can't wait to come to visit you guys and have some fun adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing your friends. You are lucky to have so many friends like yourselves! Kind of unbelievable. Your Johnny laughed at his shout out. We are counting down the days for our visit to your island cabana.

    ReplyDelete