Momma says its time for a new blog post, so here you go people.
Midterms are over! Hallelujah. Austin pretty much existed on campus 24/7 and I realized that if i wanted to see him I would have to see him on campus. So I packed up my backpack with all my toys and snacks and "hung out" with Aust in the study hall. I tried my hardest to always get a seat that was backed up to the wall because, as much as I don't care, its kind of comical when everyone can see that amidst a room full of stressed-to-the-max medical students, I'm watching Netflix and snacking on my homemade cookies while bundled up in a blanket because its so dang cold in there. Sorry not sorry. Apparently I make a dang good study buddy though cause Austin rocked all of his midterms. We're shooting for a 4.0 at the end of 1st term! The weekend after midterms was so fun because Austin didn't have any new material to learn so we got to hang out all weekend. I was actually a little anxious all weekend because I knew I was going to become a med-school widow again all too soon.
Heres a video of us studying for midterms and another of our post midterm festivities.
![]() |
| At the beach. |
![]() |
| Its been so rainy lately! |
A few weeks ago I was driving Fran like a racehorse to get to the grocery store on time and bonked the bottom of my car. I think that was the moment of impact that broke the pipe, or it could've been any of the times we bottomed out considering it happens on the daily. So I noticed the exhaust pipe was hanging low and whenever we drove we could here the pipe hitting the bottom of the car as it bounced up and down. I finally decided to call Phil yesterday when the muffler was actually dragging on the ground. Turns out the pipe was not only falling off but it was broken and hanging by a thread too. No wonder, our car smelt like exhaust, idled loudly, and had no power. Fran's been running like its 1994 since her little lift.
| Fran at rock bottom...woopsie. |
Yes! I saw a naked Grenadian man just a walkin' down the road. I am scarred for life but recovering. Rewind: I'm innocently driving down the road on my way to IGA, of course, and I saw Naked Guy walking down the road but I couldn't tell if he was wearing pants or not because they were the same color as his skin. Since I was stuck in traffic I leaned over to get a better look. Right as I'm squinting out the window at him he stops and drops his drawers. I looked away instead of looking for answers...my guess is he needed to pee. Or, in the words of my older sis, "Talk about a walk of shame." I got the impression that Austin didn't completely believe me when I told him, but luckily Naked Guy came in clutch two days later. As we're driving home from church- even more innocent than the first siting- Naked Guy (with clothes on, it was the sabbath people) just waltzes out into the road. We stop to avoid killing the obviously stoned guy and he pounds on the hood of our car and just waves with a toothless grin while he's still in the middle of the road...like what? I was too excited to be mad, I was yelling "Naked Guy!" and pointing just incase Austin missed it. Theres more, yesterday Naked Guy strikes again! This time the side seams and the inseams of his pants were ripped so it looked like he was wearing a weird skirt and everyone got an eyeful with every stride. Naked Guy has no shame. I won't post a picture for your sake and to allow Naked Guy at least a shard of dignity to spare.
I recently realized Austin's scared of bugs. Millipedes in particular. We pulled up to our house one night to find Lord Millipede on the wall. Austin was actually mad at me that he had to get out on that side and he ran into the house. He made me kill it, and he won't even look at the picture I took of it. In his defense, it was a nasty huge millipede and if I ever see one that size on the inside of our house we will probably have to move.
| EWWW! It crunched when I bravely, squished it with a rock. |


No comments:
Post a Comment